Sunday, January 6, 2013

OPI Mariah Carey Collection: Studio Shades


Today I have the first half of OPI's new Mariah Carey collection, which consists of four Studio shades in the following finishes: shimmer, metallic, glitter, and creme.


A Butterfly Moment, 3 coats: a pinky-tan nude with gold shimmer running through it.  It applied well and gave decent coverage at 2 coats.  I did 3 for pictures.  ABM is a little frosty, but it didn't bother me too much.  I personally love the warm touch the gold shimmer gives, as it makes the color more interesting.


Sprung, 4 coats (opaque in 3): rose red base with copper, red, and gold shimmer flecks.  I love this color.  All the different colored flecks stand out on the nail, giving it so much depth and sparkle.  Depending on the lighting, this color can look more red or coppery-bronze.  Application-wise, it was okay.  It's a bit sheer and slow to dry, so I had to do a fourth coat to cover my tips.  If you're careful and take your time, I'm sure you can get away with three.


Anti-Bleak, 3 coats (opaque in 2): plum creme.  Nothing too exciting with this color.  I feel like we've seen this color a lot in the past few months.  There's a fairly similar color in the OPI Bond collection as well.  If you don't already own one, Anti-Bleak has a nice hassle-free two coat formula.


Pink Yet Lavender, 1 coat over Anti-Bleak: medium pink glitters with fine holographic glitter.  There's nothing really lavender in this polish.  It's straight up pink.  Although PYL is not that unique either, I think it's still pretty.  I think I just love looking at the holo glitter sparkle from inside the bottle.

Verdict: Sprung is definitely my favorite from this half.  If you only get one polish, get that!  The others are nice, but I think whether you like them or not will depend more on your stash and your polish tastes.

Availability: Mariah Carey by OPI nail lacquers are now available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for  $9.00 ($10.95 CAN) suggested retail for each nail lacquer.


Which polish is your favorite?


Liz
Polishes in this post were provided to me by OPI for my honest review.
Please view my disclosure policy for more info.

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Please do not leave any links or inappropriate comments, as they will be deleted. Otherwise, I appreciate and read every single comment, so please don't be shy! :)